Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beginning to Believe

Well, here's my first post in what I hope will be a very good record of my grand adventure this summer.

In just over a month I will be setting out from Portsmouth, NH and biking to Vancouver, Canada to end poverty housing. That's right, I'm gonna bike across the continent! And, I get to help my country-mates along the way. This will be a journey of about 4000 miles across a country I love dearly, but have seen little of.

I will be riding almost every day from June 18 until August 23, crossing 13 states plus British Columbia, helping to build houses and raise awareness about the affordable housing crisis in this country. Hopefully, I will be posting progress reports, stories, silly jokes, pictures and other tidbits on this site throughout that time.

A friend of mine described this project as a BHAG: " a Big Hairy Audacious Goal". I think this is quite apt. Its time to stop talking and actually do something truly 'epic'.

so, lets get to it.

No comments: