Saturday, October 6, 2012

Perfect Postcard Bali



Postcard Bali

On one more weekend of exploring more of Bali, Yustiana and her friend Inda invited Szuyin and me to come with them to eastern Bali, in the area just past Candidasa. And there, marked by a little hand-painted blue sign and down a long dirt road with a slope that would be illegally steep in the states, we found THIS:


Now THIS is what im talking about.  Apparently this is what Seminyak was like 5-10 years ago. There were definitely tourists, and definitely tourist oriented warungs, but there wasn’t the mad rush and crush of people. Just a couple dozen swimmers, and a few fishermen, chilling.


Also, I FINALLY got to drink out of a coconut.  I will now post pictures of food. I apologize, but I mean, look! THIS IS WHAT I’m TALKING ABOUT! Awwww yeah.  Basically, if I weren’t so sunburn-prone, I would stay here forever. Right here, on this chair. 




So, after a full day or doing absolutely nothing, and loving it, we stopped in Inda's city (again forgetting the name) and went to a night market! This was awesome. Tons of people out with lots of littel stalls selling everything from brooms to CDs to underwear food. Lots and lots of food.  So, naturally, we ate. 


And what we ate: This is not grilled chicken. This is, straight up, "a chicken: grilled."  I will henceforth call this "Flattened Chicken." It looks like some medieval torture threat, ..... but, my goodness, it is TASTY. 



And with that delectable image, I leave you. My internet cafe has got tired of me and is closing up shop. Good night everybody. Hope you are all well. 

No comments: